Ooty is one of the popular hill stations that is nestled alluringly atop the Nilgiri Hills in the state of Tamil Nadu. Its vicinity offers you with the sprawling lush green valley. Our holiday packages in Ooty allow you to acquaint the natural hues. The vast tea orchards and rose garden are the major tourist attractions in Ooty. The Thread Garden that showcases some of the most exquisite collection of artificial flowers and plants is also one of the prominent places to visit in Ooty.
Sightseeing and Transfers
- All applicable taxes
- All transfers by private cab
- Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Driver allowance, toll, permit and all parking charges
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Bangalore & Proceed To Ooty (270 Kms/approx6.5 Hrs)
- Welcome at Bangalore airport/railway station & proceed to Ooty, "The Queen of Hill Stations'', mixes up Indian bustle and Hindu temples with lovely parks and gardens and charming Raj-era bungalows.
- Upon arrival check in at hotel.
- Later proceed for sightseeing by covering the Botanical Garden hub for nature lovers. Ooty Botanical Garden are divided into six areas, which includes the Lower Garden, New Garden, Italian Garden, Conservatory, Fountain Terrace and Nurseries. A riot of colours await you at the widely spreading flower beds that are an intrinsic part of Ooty Botanical Gardens. It also hosts an exhibition of rare plant species in May every year. It is also a popular haunt of the tourist, and offers a variety of trees, shrubs and flowers. People come here to lounge in the lawns and walk among the shady trees and plants. One of the oldest botanical gardens in the country, it began life in the 1840s as a vegetable garden to supply veggies to Ooty’s residents. Trees and plants from all over the world were brought here over the years.
- Secondly visit Ooty Lake where can go for boat riding for both pedal and motor boats. Adjacent to the lake there are a lot of activities such as Toy train ride, 3-D shows, Tora-tora ride & also ponnies are available for rides.
- Centenary Rose Garden is laid on 10 acres of land. This garden has been beautifully laid out in terraces with rose tunnels, pergolas and bowers with rose creepers. Today this garden has the largest collections of roses in the country, around 3600 varieties of roses like Hybrid Tea Roses, miniature rose, Floribunda, Ramblers, roses of unusual colors like black, green and many more varieties of roses that will captivate your senses.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 2: Ooty Sightseeing
- After breakfast proceed to Coonoor to cover interesting places such as Sim's Park, Lamb's Rock, Dolphin Nose, Tea factory & Tea Gardens & Doddabetta Peak.
- Sim’s Park is one of the main attractions covering an area of over 12 hectares, is park-cum-botanical garden, which was laid more than a hundred years ago. The garden is fully surrounded by the shrubs and creepers. Queensland Karry Pine, Rudraksha (the bead tree) and Handsome Ornamental tree are famous in Sim's park. One of the trees present in the garden is over 200 hundred years old and is a special attraction within the garden. On one side of the park is present the rose garden where several species of roses are planted side by side. There is also a glass house housing different ornamental plants and flowers.
- Secondly visit Lamb’s Rock a view point named after the collector Captain Lamb. The view point was accessible by the effort & interest of Captain Lamb. Lamb's Rock, offers an amazing view of the lush green forests and the Hulical ravines. One can even go for trekking through the lush tree gardens.
- Dolphin's nose is one of the most scenic view point. This is a huge rock a dolphin’s nose. Watching a sunset of sunrise from Dolphin's Nose is nothing less than an ethereal experience, for the sheer beauty of it all. Well, at 1000 feet above the sea level, you can't expect anything less than that, with hairpin turns and breath stopping narrow roads, the road to Dolphin's Nose is as fascinating as the place.
- The Tea Factory a two storey building, has tea leaves driers on the second floor, while the walls are splattered with the history of tea and the art of tea making via paintings and more.
- The Doddabetta Peak stands at an altitude of 2,623 meters. It is the highest point in the district, offering a bird's eye view of the whole of Coimbatore and the adjoining areas around it. One of the most remarkable things about Doddabetta is its flat summit, which makes you gape and wonder in amazement. The area around the peak is a reserved forest and is home to many endangered species of flora and fauna.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3: Departure
Hotel Ponmari Residency
No 26D, Kotagiri Road, Charring Cross - 643001, Ooty
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.