Ladakh is a region of Jammu and Kashmir, India. Ladakh is a beautiful destination for Photographers and Travel Lovers. Ladakh is the highest plateau of the Indian state of Kashmir with much of it being over 3,000 m (9,800 feet). Ladakh is bound by mountains and made up of mountains. Sheer walls of rock and ice divide the Indus Valley from Tibet, Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
Road transport from Leh - Non/ AC vehicle
Sightseeing and Transfers
- All transfers between airport-hotel-airport by non a/c vehicle
- Protected area permit and wild life fees to visit restricted areas in ladakh
- All inclusive tax
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrival At Leh
On arrival at Leh airport, you will be met by our representative and transfer you to Hotel.Lunch at hotel. Complete day for rest to get acclimatize with the high altitude in Leh (Ladakh) which is 3500 meters above sea level. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2: Leh Sightseeing
After early breakfast full day sightseeing of Shey, Thiksey and Hemis. Shey was the summer Palace of Ladakhi Kings and is where you can see the 36 feet high statue of Buddha made of copper and covered with gold. Thicksey : The twelve storied monastery of Thicksey is situated in the most prominent of positions, lies on an island Mountain. Finally visit Hemis : Farthest away from Leh, this is the wealthiest Monastery in Ladakh belonging to the Red Sect - it is here each summer that plays are held and Ladakhis from all parts of the country will visit Hemis. Evening return to Leh. Meals and overnight at Hotel.
Day 3: Leh Tour
After breakfast visit Stok palace which houses a fine private museum. There is a superb collection of thangkhas, said to be the best in the world. In the afternoon visit Leh, a fascinating labyrinth of winding streets and quaint bazaars. The main street is open and airy with rows of shops on either side. On either side of the market are seen a long line of Ladakhi women in traditional dress and colorful jewelry of coral and turquoise, seated behind enormous baskets, selling vegetables. The spectacular eight-story Leh Palace looming above overlooking the town was built in the 16th century, about the same time as the Potala in Lhasa which it resembles. Back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Things to see and do
Day 4: Leh To Khardongla Pass Later Back To Leh
After breakfast day excursion to Khardongla pass, which is the highest motor able pass in the world 5600 meters it has been recorded in the Gunnies Book of world records. At the top enjoy the nature beauty of snow capped mountains. Afternoon back to the hotel and time for your personal shopping and explore market and surrounding. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 5: Leh Excursion
Morning drive to Alchi for approx 2 hours drive. Situated to the west of the town of Leh. Built by translator, Rinchen Zangpo, it dates back to the year 1000 AD. Alchi Gompa in Ladakh comprises of a number of blessed temples, including the main one of Rinchen Lhakhang at Lotsa Lhakhang. The other temples are the Jamyang Lhakhang (Manjusri temple) and the Sumtsag Lhakhang. Alchi Monastery of Leh Ladakh reflects an Indian touch, especially in its paintings. Back to Leh and overnight.
Things to see and do
Day 6: Departure Leh
Transfer in time to the airport to connect onwards destination flight.
Hotel Ladakh Greens (3 star)
Lower Tukcha - 194101, Leh
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.