Nr. New Bus Stand | Old Tamil town, Pondicherry, India
The Botanical Garden and Aquarium was established by CS Perrotet in the year 1826. There is a wide collection of rare and exotic plants present in the garden, which especially attracts researchers and students. The aquarium is home to various types of fishes and other marine life that offer a tourist glimpse into the aquatic life. It is situated towards the south entrance of the main bus stand and covers approximately 22 acres of land. In 1960, this garden became the hub of the Horticulture Department of Pondicherry. This garden has around six fountains, a dancing fountain, a Japanese rock, children's train and an aquarium with ornamental fishes.